Friday, February 8, 2008

Untitled

I will, on this lonely night
While bats and birds are taking flight
While rats and mice are taking refuge
In underground caverns out of sight

I'll plant a thought inside your mind
Of future nights - of future times
Of kisses and cuddles that are yet to be
Of times of joy - I will, you see

Another dimension, another world
Of times of new and times of old
Of perfection; eternal love
With arms around you to kill the cold

Of a love you've never known
An endless love you would have been shown
If this predicament were slightly better
If more compassion had been shown

I've done nothing wrong
With the love that I've shown
Just speaking my mind
And all that I know
Is perhaps it's a sign
This predicament
Or perhaps we chose wrong
Perhaps this was meant
Was it always going to be this way?
Should we suffer or should we pay?
This lose-lose scenario - Why couldn't you stay?
Why didn't you love me? That's what I'll say.

No comments: